Connect with us

Latest News

Chelsea Fc has released list of players to perform in upcoming UEFA Championship

Smart Lebe

Published

on

With the Champions League around the corner, Chelsea has revealed the 25 players that would compete for the Blues in the group stage of the apex European club tournament.

Each team has to submit a List A of their playing staff which comprises up to 25 players with a minimum of eight locally trained players, of whom four must have come through the club’s ranks between the ages of 15 and 21.

UEFA has announced five substitutions will be permitted this season’s Champions League, increasing the number of players selected for a matchday squad to 23.

The Chelsea’s List A submitted for the 2020/21 group stage, Andreas Christensen, Tammy Abraham, Fikayo Tomori and Ben Chilwell are locally trained players, with the first three classed as club-trained and Chilwell association-trained.

READ  Eight persons confirmed dead in Gas explosion which occured in Alimosho LGA Lagos State

Mason Mount, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Reece James and Billy Gilmour qualify to be submitted on List B.

LIST A (in squad number order)

Kepa Arrizabalaga

Antonio Rudiger

Marcos Alonso

Andreas Christensen – club-trained

Jorginho

Thiago Silva

N’Golo Kante

Tammy Abraham – club-trained

Christian Pulisic

Timo Werner

Willy Caballero

Fikayo Tomori – club-trained

Kurt Zouma

Edouard Mendy

Mateo Kovacic

Olivier Giroud

Ben Chilwell – association-trained

Hakim Ziyech

Cesar Azpilicueta

Kai Havertz

Emerson Palmieri

LIST B

Mason Mount

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Billy Gilmour

Reece James

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

FG threatens to make migration difficult for doctors

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

Dr Osagie Ehanire, The Minister for Health, made it clear that the federal government will do everything within her power to discourage doctors from travelling outside Nigeria.

The Minister said that the government will provide adequate medical facilities and also provide incentives that will discourage the Doctors from traveling outside the country, he said this on Friday in Abuja after inspecting the Cancer Centre in the National Hospital Abuja.

He said “I have heard the challenge of doctors leaving the country. We have plans to provide better funding for our hospitals in Nigeria and make such migration unattractive,”

Dr Osagie Ehanire praised the hospital staffs and administration, and encouraged them to better, he urged the hospital to be ready incase the global corona virus resurface again as seen in other countries. He advised the hospital to make judicious use of the funds made available to them.

READ  #ENDSARS: Nigerians in diaspora demands for Buhari's resignation

He added “Schools are resuming, people are travelling in and out the country so we must be prepared for any emergency”.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Banks commence emergency system update due to threats from Anonymous

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

A global hacktivist network known as Anonymous stirred an aggressive campaign in Nigeria two weeks ago, Nigerian banks as part of the precautionary measure has decided embark on an immediate emergency upgrade.

Mohammed Abdullahi Minister of State for Science and Technology confirmed the threat from Anonymous, he clearly stated there was a well planned attacks on important government Databases.

Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy Isa Pantami, also  admitted that some government websites were tampered with. He said: ‘‘On my instruction, the NITDA and NCC worked almost round the clock last week to rectify the situation and ensure no vital data was compromised. I am happy the websites are back and running now.”

READ  #ENDSARS: Nigerians in diaspora demands for Buhari's resignation

He also assured Nigerians that stringent measures have been take taken to avoid further attacks,  emphasized  for all the relevant organization to upgrade their system.

 

 

Continue Reading

Latest News

21 people confirmed dead in an auto crash at Enugu State.

Benjamin Ukpabi

Published

on

21 people have been confirmed dead in an auto crash at Enugu State

Twenty-one people, including schoolchildren, have died in an accident in Enugu State, south-east Nigeria.

The Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Enugu, Ogbonna Kalu, confirmed the incident on Thursday.

He explained that the nature of the accident was a collision that involved a school bus and a trailer in the state.

Kalu added that the incident happened at Mgbowo in Awgu Local Government Area of the state, saying it was as a result of dangerous driving.

 

The Federal Road Safety Corps, on Thursday, confirmed the death of 21 people, including school children, in an auto crash at Mgbowo in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State.

READ  SARS kills a young man, flees with his car

The Enugu Sector Commander, Mr Ogbonna Kalu, who confirmed the incident, said the accident occurred on Wednesday afternoon.

He said the accident involved a school bus and trailer.

The commander blamed the accident on speeding beyond the limit and dangerous driving.

Kalu said, “21 persons have been confirmed dead and more than 50 persons were in the school bus.

“Also of note is that not all the deaths were school children. Those working on the roadside were part of the casualties.

“From available information, the accident was caused by dangerous driving.”

We gathered that the tragic incident occurred when a Lowbed truck belonging to a construction firm working at Oji-River – Awgu Federal Road lost control and rammed into a school bus conveying over 60 pupils of the Presentation Nursery and Primary School, Awgu owned by the Catholic Diocese of Awgu home.

READ  I’ll be last governor to face Southern Kaduna crisis —El-Rufai

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending