Connect with us

Latest News

Heavy Shootings As Smugglers, Customs Exchange Gunfire In Ogun

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

Heavy shooting as rice smugglers, custom officers clash in Olorunlere Village in Ado-Odo Ota Local Government of Ogun State.

The 1 command of the Nigerian Customs Service intercepted in Alapoti, where they exchanged heavy gunfire. The custom command confirmed the disappearance of one of their officer Taiwo Odeyemi, which they cant trace his way about.

The spokesman of the the Ogun 1 Command Hammed Bukoye Oloyede in a statement on friay said “The suspected smugglers, sensing their loss on sighting the patrol team, attempted to evade arrest and eventually started shooting sporadically at the Officers. This resulted in a serious exchange of fire between the two sides.

READ  Femi Kayode reacts to a video of him allegedly abusing his wife

“Consequently, the patrol team called for reinforcement. However, before the intervention from other units, they were overwhelmed due to the numeric strength of the smugglers/hoodlums. In the ensuing commotion, the Customs team tactically withdrew to enable the arrival of the reinforcements teams.

“On the arrival of the military personnel and other units of Customs including Federal Operations Unit (FOU) as requested by the CAC, the hoodlums had already vandalised one of the official vehicles attached to the team. It was later discovered that an official driver, CA I (T) Taiwo J Odeyemi was missing and has not been found as at the time of writing this report.

READ  ENDSARS: Drama in Abuja as youths match in support of Nigerian Police AND IGP

“In the light of the above, investigation is ongoing and effort is being made along with other security agencies and other critical stakeholders to locate the whereabouts of the missing officer and rescue him alive.

“To this end, the CAC strongly warn smugglers and their supporters that the incessant attacks leave Officers with no other choice than to use appropriate force to deal with these new waves of criminal attacks on personnel performing their statutory functions.

The Command is not deterred by this and will step up its offensive against those whose interest is to make profits at the expense of the Nation. Finally, the CAC has vowed to ensure that those behind this attack face the full wrath of the law and justice.”

READ  Buhari orders NYSC members to enroll for National Health Insurance Scheme

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Police Officer arrested with gang member during robbery operation

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

Elekahia Police Division on sunday arrested a police sergeant Ibrahim Odege, and one other person involved in armed robbery at Elekahia Housing Estate.

State Police Command Public Relations Officer, Nmadi Omoni, disclosed this in a press statement. He said the two suspects were robbing people and falsefully taking their valuables from them.

Omoni said that the police early arrival to the scene led to the arrest of the two armed robbers, the police division identified one of the suspect Sergeant Ibrahim Odege attached to the Operations Department of the Rivers Police Command and one Sampson Inomoghe from Nembe in Bayelsa State, but resides at Rumuokwrushi in Obio/Akpor LGA.

READ  No Senate impeachment trial for Trump, says majority leader Mitch McConnell

He said that the suspects took responsibilities for most of the robberies carried out in that axis. Omoni added that the state commissioner of police, Joseph G. Mukan, strongly condemned the act and ordered the immediate transfer of of the suspects and exhibits to the state Criminal Investigation Department for Investigation.

He appealed to the residents of the area to remain calm and be vigilant, also to work with the police to keep their area safe.

 

Continue Reading

Latest News

Mercedes Benz With ‘Learner’ Sign Set Ablaze After Crushing 6 Children to Death in Edo

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

Mercedes Benz With ‘Learner’ Sign Set Ablaze After Crushing 6 Children to Death in Edo State. The incident happened in Arue-Uromi, Esan-North East Local Government Area of the state.

According to Eye witnesses, the six children crushed by the Mercedes  were siblings, four girls and two boys, the driver (a learner) was trying to dodge a pothole and swerved to the spot where the kids were playing football.

This incident provoked the residents of the community,  they immediately blocked the road and set the Mercedes Benz ablaze.

This incident was confirmed by the Edo State Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Henry Benamaisia.

READ  France, Italy, Germany other countries support Okonjo Iweala for WTO Director General

Continue Reading

Latest News

I Didn’t Bribe Malami With $5m -Akpabio

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

Senator Godswill Akpabio(Minister of Niger Delta Affairs), has denied the news making the rounds that he offered a bribe of $5 million to the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), to earn his appointment as a sole administrator for the  Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

Akpabio said this on Sunday through his media aide Anietie Ekong. he insisted that he would take legal action against frontliners of the news to clear his name and that of AGF.

Ekong said “the attention of the minister of Niger Delta Affairs has been drawn to a piece of fake news, which claimed that Senator Akpabio paid $5 million bribe to Malami and others to secure the appointment of a Sole Administrator for NDDC.

READ  Manchester United publicize Bruno Fernandes corona virus test result

“We wish to state categorically that this is a piece of malicious concoction manufactured from the pit of hell by mischief-makers. It is a figment of the imagination of the author of the fake news. Akpabio denies the story in its entirety. The authors of the fake news should be ready to back up their claim or face the full wrath of the law.

“The story is a desperate attempt by some unscrupulous bloggers to impugn the integrity of Akpabio and Malami as the claim is not only spurious but utterly ridiculous.

“The fact is that in a suit number ABJ/CS/617/2020 filed by a Civil Society Organization, Forum for Accountability and Good Governance, at a Federal High Court in Abuja, Justice Ahmed Mohammed had granted an order restraining the Interim Management Committee of the NDDC from performing the functions of the board and accessing the commission’s offices and files.”

READ  ASUU ready to sustain the ongoing strike

Continue Reading

Trending