Connect with us

Latest News

Man Impregnates Girlfriend, After Delivery Of Twins, Allegedly Sells Them For N150,000

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

A man has been arrested by operatives of the Anambra State Police Command after he decided to sell a set of female twins his girlfriend was delivered of through Caesarean Section to another woman for N150,000.

The man, Chijioke Chukwulota, aged 31 years, who is said to hail from Imo State but resides at Uruagu village, Nnewi, Anambra State, was arrested by operatives attached to the Command Special Anti-Cult Unit (SPACS) alongside the lady who allegedly bought the twins, Tina Ibeato.

According to a statement by the state police command through its spokesman, Haruna Muhammed, a Superintendent of Police, the duo were arrested around 6.10 p.m. on Monday following intelligence gathering about the act.

READ  Boko Haram insurgents claims lives of eight pastors and over 8000 members

According to the statement, the man impregnated his girlfriend (names withheld) and the lady was delivered of a set of female twins on September 4 through Caesarean Section and while she was recuperating from surgery, Chijoke came to the hospital and fled with the twins.

He was said to have contacted Tina who came all the way from Imo State to Anambra State and who apparently was childless. He then sold the twins to her for N150,000 before their lid was blown open on Monday evening when they were arrested.

According to the statement, “On the 21/9/2020 at about 6:10 pm, following credible intelligence, police operatives attached to the Command Special Anti-cult unit(SPACS) arrested one Chijioke Chukwulota, aged 31 years of Imo State but resides at Uruagu village, Nnewi, Anambra State.

READ  One Soul "I never saw any dead body at lekki toll gate"

The suspect lured his girlfriend whom he impregnated and stole the children (twins baby girls) aged about two months on the 4/8/2020 after she gave birth to them through a Caesarean Section and sold same children to one Tina Ibeato of Imo State at the rate of N150,000.

“Meanwhile, both the two suspects have been arrested and the children recovered in good condition. Investigation is ongoing after which the suspects would be brought to book.”

 

SOURCE:NIGERIAN TRIBUNE

 

 

 

 

 

Latest News

US Special military forces rescues an American citizen in Nigeria

Benjamin Ukpabi

Published

on

US military forces rescued an American citizen in Nigeria, the Pentagon said on Saturday, days after he was kidnapped by gunmen in the south of neighbouring Niger and apparently taken across the border.

The hostage, Philip Walton, was abducted Monday night on the outskirts of Massalata, a village about 10 kilometres (six miles) from the border with Nigeria.

Walton is safe and in the care of the US State Department, the Pentagon said in a statement. US forces did not suffer any casualties in the rescue operation, it added.

“The United States is committed to the safe return of all US citizens taken captive,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a separate statement.

READ  Girlfriend of police man slumps and dies in a hotel in Lagos stae

“We delivered on that commitment late last night in Nigeria, where some of our bravest and most skilled warriors rescued a US citizen,” he said.

President Donald Trump hailed the rescue operation.

“Big win for our very elite U.S. Special Forces today. Details to follow!,” he tweeted.

Niger’s Defence Minister Issoufou Katambe had earlier confirmed the hostage release to AFP without giving details about how he had been freed.

Local officials had said this week that the kidnappers had called the man’s father to demand a ransom, though the family did not confirm this.

Walton had been living in Massalata with his wife and child for two years, according to his father, who himself has been in Niger for nearly 30 years.

Niger lies in the heart of the vast Sahel region, which is struggling with a jihadist insurgency that has claimed thousands of lives and driven hundreds of thousands from their homes.

READ  One killed, others injured in Police, robbers gun duel

 

US forces have two drone bases in Agadez and Dirkou, in northern Niger. Their aircraft provide significant support to the French anti-jihadist Barkhane force.

In October 2017, four American Special Forces soldiers and five Nigerien soldiers were killed in an ambush in Tongo Tongo, near Mali, in southwestern Niger.

The attack was claimed by the Islamic State in the Greater Sahara.

Several Westerners are currently being held hostage in the region, including American aid worker Jeffery Woodke, who was kidnapped in the central town of Abalak in 2016 and is believed to be in neighbouring Mali now.

Three Europeans, including 75-year-old French charity worker Sophie Petronin, were released by their captors in Mali earlier this month under a prisoner swap arranged by the Malian government.

In August, six French aid workers and two Niger citizens were killed in the Koure wildlife reserve west of Niamey, in an attack claimed by the so-called Islamic State group.ci

READ  Enough is Enough (SARS)

Continue Reading

Latest News

FG threatens to make migration difficult for doctors

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

Dr Osagie Ehanire, The Minister for Health, made it clear that the federal government will do everything within her power to discourage doctors from travelling outside Nigeria.

The Minister said that the government will provide adequate medical facilities and also provide incentives that will discourage the Doctors from traveling outside the country, he said this on Friday in Abuja after inspecting the Cancer Centre in the National Hospital Abuja.

He said “I have heard the challenge of doctors leaving the country. We have plans to provide better funding for our hospitals in Nigeria and make such migration unattractive,”

Dr Osagie Ehanire praised the hospital staffs and administration, and encouraged them to better, he urged the hospital to be ready incase the global corona virus resurface again as seen in other countries. He advised the hospital to make judicious use of the funds made available to them.

READ  President Buhari heads National security council meeting in Abuja

He added “Schools are resuming, people are travelling in and out the country so we must be prepared for any emergency”.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Banks commence emergency system update due to threats from Anonymous

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

A global hacktivist network known as Anonymous stirred an aggressive campaign in Nigeria two weeks ago, Nigerian banks as part of the precautionary measure has decided embark on an immediate emergency upgrade.

Mohammed Abdullahi Minister of State for Science and Technology confirmed the threat from Anonymous, he clearly stated there was a well planned attacks on important government Databases.

Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy Isa Pantami, also  admitted that some government websites were tampered with. He said: ‘‘On my instruction, the NITDA and NCC worked almost round the clock last week to rectify the situation and ensure no vital data was compromised. I am happy the websites are back and running now.”

READ  COVID-19: Anger as Lagos Relieves Frontline Health Workers of Duty

He also assured Nigerians that stringent measures have been take taken to avoid further attacks,  emphasized  for all the relevant organization to upgrade their system.

 

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending