Connect with us

Latest News

Minister for Education Adamu Adamu orders for investigation of 2.67 billion naira maent for school feeding programme.

Smart Lebe

Published

on

The minister of education, Adamu Adamu, has ordered a full-scale investigation into the alleged diversion of funds meant for a school feeding programme into individual accounts.

The education ministry spokesman, Ben Bem Goong revealed this in a statement on Tuesday, October 6.

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) had earlier reported that the sum of N2.67 billion released to the 104 Unity Colleges during the COVID-19 lockdown for meal subsidies found its way into individual accounts.

FG’ll investigate alleged diversion of N2.67bn meant to feed students, says Adamu
The Buhari administration says it will probe the allegations.
Part of the education ministry statement said:

READ  Tiktok's final deal with the US might extend past the elections

“The investigation is to establish the veracity of the claims to ensure that there is no diversion of public funds or misappropriation of same.
“To this end, the ministry in line with the ministers directive is to collaborate effectively with officials of the ICPC to unearth the facts as well as find a lasting solution to the payment system for meal subsidies that will ensure accountability and transparency.”
Recall that the ICPC had disclosed that it did not accuse the minister of humanitarian affairs, Sadiya Umar Farouq, of diverting monies meant for the home-grown school feeding programme.

A spokesperson for the anti-graft agency, Azuka Ogugua, in a statement on Tuesday, September 29, said reports that implied that ICPC accused the minister of finds diversion were erroneous.

READ  Alleged N18m land scam lands Rivers’ man in court

Meanwhile, a non-governmental, non-profit legislative advocacy, information sharing and research organization in Nigeria, Civil Society Legislative Advocacy (CISLAC) has outlined policy responses on how to prevent looting at industrial scale in the country.

Auwal Ibrahim Musa, executive director, CISLAC reeled out the policy responses at a press briefing on Wednesday, September 23 in Abuja.

According to him, the continuous disappearing of Nigerian illicit funds abroad is likely to harm Nigeria in an unprecedented way as the world suffers from global economic depression.

The initiative, with support from Action Aid Nigeria, was geared towards tracking the implementation of the programme and weighing the perception of the people in determining the efficiency of the exercise across the six area councils of the Nigerian capital.

READ  Pastor Adeboye warns FG

To ensure the effectiveness of the monitoring process, PAACA made use of its community anti-corruption network, after an organized training on how to carry out a survey using a questionnaire and one-on-one interview guide to elicit responses from respondents.

Adamu Adamu orders for investigation of the 21bn naira feeding programme

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

FG threatens to make migration difficult for doctors

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

Dr Osagie Ehanire, The Minister for Health, made it clear that the federal government will do everything within her power to discourage doctors from travelling outside Nigeria.

The Minister said that the government will provide adequate medical facilities and also provide incentives that will discourage the Doctors from traveling outside the country, he said this on Friday in Abuja after inspecting the Cancer Centre in the National Hospital Abuja.

He said “I have heard the challenge of doctors leaving the country. We have plans to provide better funding for our hospitals in Nigeria and make such migration unattractive,”

Dr Osagie Ehanire praised the hospital staffs and administration, and encouraged them to better, he urged the hospital to be ready incase the global corona virus resurface again as seen in other countries. He advised the hospital to make judicious use of the funds made available to them.

READ  Paul Pogba extends his contract with Manchester United

He added “Schools are resuming, people are travelling in and out the country so we must be prepared for any emergency”.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Banks commence emergency system update due to threats from Anonymous

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

A global hacktivist network known as Anonymous stirred an aggressive campaign in Nigeria two weeks ago, Nigerian banks as part of the precautionary measure has decided embark on an immediate emergency upgrade.

Mohammed Abdullahi Minister of State for Science and Technology confirmed the threat from Anonymous, he clearly stated there was a well planned attacks on important government Databases.

Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy Isa Pantami, also  admitted that some government websites were tampered with. He said: ‘‘On my instruction, the NITDA and NCC worked almost round the clock last week to rectify the situation and ensure no vital data was compromised. I am happy the websites are back and running now.”

READ  Alleged N18m land scam lands Rivers’ man in court

He also assured Nigerians that stringent measures have been take taken to avoid further attacks,  emphasized  for all the relevant organization to upgrade their system.

 

 

Continue Reading

Latest News

21 people confirmed dead in an auto crash at Enugu State.

Benjamin Ukpabi

Published

on

21 people have been confirmed dead in an auto crash at Enugu State

Twenty-one people, including schoolchildren, have died in an accident in Enugu State, south-east Nigeria.

The Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Enugu, Ogbonna Kalu, confirmed the incident on Thursday.

He explained that the nature of the accident was a collision that involved a school bus and a trailer in the state.

Kalu added that the incident happened at Mgbowo in Awgu Local Government Area of the state, saying it was as a result of dangerous driving.

 

The Federal Road Safety Corps, on Thursday, confirmed the death of 21 people, including school children, in an auto crash at Mgbowo in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State.

READ  Alleged N18m land scam lands Rivers’ man in court

The Enugu Sector Commander, Mr Ogbonna Kalu, who confirmed the incident, said the accident occurred on Wednesday afternoon.

He said the accident involved a school bus and trailer.

The commander blamed the accident on speeding beyond the limit and dangerous driving.

Kalu said, “21 persons have been confirmed dead and more than 50 persons were in the school bus.

“Also of note is that not all the deaths were school children. Those working on the roadside were part of the casualties.

“From available information, the accident was caused by dangerous driving.”

We gathered that the tragic incident occurred when a Lowbed truck belonging to a construction firm working at Oji-River – Awgu Federal Road lost control and rammed into a school bus conveying over 60 pupils of the Presentation Nursery and Primary School, Awgu owned by the Catholic Diocese of Awgu home.

READ  #ENDSARS: Nigerians in diaspora demands for Buhari's resignation

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending