Connect with us

Latest News

My Husband forced me to have abortion 15 times

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

A nurse, Shukurat Adewumi, on Monday sought the dissolution of her 17-year-old marriage to husband, Adewale, in a Customary Court sitting at Mapo in Ibadan, Oyo State, on grounds that he forced her to have 15 abortions, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

Shukurat, a mother of three, made the claim in her counter argument before Chief Ademola Odunade, the court’s President.

She said: “He forced me to have  abortion 15 times, putting my life at risk.

“He denied paternity of my three children. Some years ago when he left me to live with his concubine, Adewale returned home sick and I took care of him.

READ  U.S. cancels visas of more than 1,000 Chinese nationals deemed security risks

“For the past two years, he declined paternity of our last child and recently came home to steal the only gas cooker we have.

“Adewale smashed the cylinder on my forehead because I tried to prevent him from taking it away.

“I fainted and was hospitalized, his parents and relatives are all aware of his evil against me.

Adewale has married two wives elsewhere.”

In his earlier account, Adewale, a factory worker, said he filed the suit because of his wife’s constant threat on his life.

He said: “I never knew she was a hooligan and street fighter when I got married to her. She has caused me so much embarrassment and I can no longer withstand it.

READ  Heavy shootings as hoodlums invades Dogara's house in Jos

“I want custody of my children if she remarries.”

Delivering judgment, Odunade, who was represented by Alhaji Suleiman Apanpa, dissolved the marriage in the interest of peace.

He awarded custody of the three children to the respondent and ordered the petitioner to pay N15,000 as their monthly feeding allowance.

He also directed Adewale to be responsible for their education and other welfare.

SOURCE: EAGLE ONLINE

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

US Special military forces rescues an American citizen in Nigeria

Benjamin Ukpabi

Published

on

US military forces rescued an American citizen in Nigeria, the Pentagon said on Saturday, days after he was kidnapped by gunmen in the south of neighbouring Niger and apparently taken across the border.

The hostage, Philip Walton, was abducted Monday night on the outskirts of Massalata, a village about 10 kilometres (six miles) from the border with Nigeria.

Walton is safe and in the care of the US State Department, the Pentagon said in a statement. US forces did not suffer any casualties in the rescue operation, it added.

“The United States is committed to the safe return of all US citizens taken captive,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a separate statement.

READ  U.S. cancels visas of more than 1,000 Chinese nationals deemed security risks

“We delivered on that commitment late last night in Nigeria, where some of our bravest and most skilled warriors rescued a US citizen,” he said.

President Donald Trump hailed the rescue operation.

“Big win for our very elite U.S. Special Forces today. Details to follow!,” he tweeted.

Niger’s Defence Minister Issoufou Katambe had earlier confirmed the hostage release to AFP without giving details about how he had been freed.

Local officials had said this week that the kidnappers had called the man’s father to demand a ransom, though the family did not confirm this.

Walton had been living in Massalata with his wife and child for two years, according to his father, who himself has been in Niger for nearly 30 years.

Niger lies in the heart of the vast Sahel region, which is struggling with a jihadist insurgency that has claimed thousands of lives and driven hundreds of thousands from their homes.

READ  WWE Smackdown results October 17th 2020

 

US forces have two drone bases in Agadez and Dirkou, in northern Niger. Their aircraft provide significant support to the French anti-jihadist Barkhane force.

In October 2017, four American Special Forces soldiers and five Nigerien soldiers were killed in an ambush in Tongo Tongo, near Mali, in southwestern Niger.

The attack was claimed by the Islamic State in the Greater Sahara.

Several Westerners are currently being held hostage in the region, including American aid worker Jeffery Woodke, who was kidnapped in the central town of Abalak in 2016 and is believed to be in neighbouring Mali now.

Three Europeans, including 75-year-old French charity worker Sophie Petronin, were released by their captors in Mali earlier this month under a prisoner swap arranged by the Malian government.

In August, six French aid workers and two Niger citizens were killed in the Koure wildlife reserve west of Niamey, in an attack claimed by the so-called Islamic State group.ci

READ  Manchester United hangs their heads in shame and defeat as Spurs crush Them to pieces.

Continue Reading

Latest News

FG threatens to make migration difficult for doctors

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

Dr Osagie Ehanire, The Minister for Health, made it clear that the federal government will do everything within her power to discourage doctors from travelling outside Nigeria.

The Minister said that the government will provide adequate medical facilities and also provide incentives that will discourage the Doctors from traveling outside the country, he said this on Friday in Abuja after inspecting the Cancer Centre in the National Hospital Abuja.

He said “I have heard the challenge of doctors leaving the country. We have plans to provide better funding for our hospitals in Nigeria and make such migration unattractive,”

Dr Osagie Ehanire praised the hospital staffs and administration, and encouraged them to better, he urged the hospital to be ready incase the global corona virus resurface again as seen in other countries. He advised the hospital to make judicious use of the funds made available to them.

READ  #ENDSARS Protest due to Corruption, Frustration and Reflection of pain Gov Ortom

He added “Schools are resuming, people are travelling in and out the country so we must be prepared for any emergency”.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Banks commence emergency system update due to threats from Anonymous

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

A global hacktivist network known as Anonymous stirred an aggressive campaign in Nigeria two weeks ago, Nigerian banks as part of the precautionary measure has decided embark on an immediate emergency upgrade.

Mohammed Abdullahi Minister of State for Science and Technology confirmed the threat from Anonymous, he clearly stated there was a well planned attacks on important government Databases.

Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy Isa Pantami, also  admitted that some government websites were tampered with. He said: ‘‘On my instruction, the NITDA and NCC worked almost round the clock last week to rectify the situation and ensure no vital data was compromised. I am happy the websites are back and running now.”

READ  Manchester United hangs their heads in shame and defeat as Spurs crush Them to pieces.

He also assured Nigerians that stringent measures have been take taken to avoid further attacks,  emphasized  for all the relevant organization to upgrade their system.

 

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending