Connect with us

Latest News

Nigerian Newspaper Headlines for today Saturday, 24th October 2020

Sharon Agbai

Published

on

Good morning Nigeria, welcome to roundup of top Newspaper headlines in Nigeria for today Saturday, 24th october 2020. 

Here are the major Nigerian Newspaper Headlines:

 

Finally, President Buhari breaks silence on the #Lekkimassacre:

After various criticism from various Nigerians from Home and abroad, President Muhammadu Buhari has finally expressed great sympathy of the massacre at the Lekki  toll gate area of Lagos state. It has been reported earlier that soldiers of the Nigerian Army invaded a peaceful protest in the evening, Tuesday 20 october at Lekki toll gate killing #ENDSARS protesters in the process

 

#ENDSARS: Police Blames IPOB(indigenous People of Biafra), for Burning Police Station, Killing Officer in Rivers: 

The Rivers state command of the Nigerian Police has blamed the members of the Indigenous People of Biafra for the violence that happened in some parts of the state recently.

Specifically, clashes have been reported in Oyigbo Local Government area of the state, causing the Governor Nyesom Wike to declare a 24-hour curfew in some local Government area due to the insurgency caused by the hoodlums hiding under the disguise of the #ENDSARS protesters in the state.

 

#LEKKIMASSACRE: “We Counted 15 Corpses’- Dj Switch Recounts:

READ  President "The youths have the right to protest"

Obianuju Udeh, a popular Nigerian disc jockey known as DJ Switch, says she and other #ENDSARS protesters counted 15 corpses at the Lekki toll gate when men in Army Uniform shot at peaceful protesters on tuesday evening 20 october.

 

 Abdulrazaq Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Kwara:

Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of Kwara State has declared a 24-hour Curfew on the state from midnight today, Saturday. Governor Abdulrazaq made this known in a statewide broadcast on Midland 99.1 FM.

 

Buhari finally acknowledges civilian deaths in the Protests:

   President Muhammadu Buhari admits that over 69 people has been killed in protests against Police brutality that has taken over the country.

He made the comments in an emergency meeting with former Nigerian leaders aimed at finding ways to end the unrest.

The deaths were mainly civilians with a chunk of the number from the Lekki toll gate killings, but also include police officers and soldiers

 The People Will Always Win – Jonathan Speaks, Condemns Attack On #EndSARS Protesters

Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has condemned the Tuesday shooting of #EndSARS protesters by security operatives at the Lekki toll gate plaza area in Lagos State. Jonathan who acknowledged that the past few days have been difficult for all Nigerians however called on all parties to embrace peace and dialogue, nothing that no country makes progress while fighting.

READ  President Buhari's family allegedly escape plane crash

 

 Buhari Cannot Cry For Those Killed – Aisha On #LekkiMassacre

President Muhammadu Buhari cannot cry again for those killed, Aisha Yesufu, a Nigerian socio-political activist, and co-convener of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) movement has said. It had reported earlier that soldiers of the Nigerian Army invaded a peaceful protest at Lekki toll gate on Tuesday evening, October 20, killing #EndSARS protesters in the process.

 

Buhari In A Meeting With Obasanjo, Jonathan, Former Heads Of State Emerge

President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday noted that the peaceful protest calling for an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, was hijacked by hoodlums and misdirected. The President stated this during his meeting with former Heads of State and Presidents of Nigeria, Friday in Abuja

 

 #EndSARS: Gov Ayade Imposes Curfew In Cross River

Governor Ben Ayde of Cross River State has imposed a 24-hour curfew on the state. This was made known in a statement signed by the Special Adviser Media and Publicity to the governor, Christian Ita.

 

 Shoprite Burgled, Kwara Residents Invade COVID-19 Palliatives Warehouse, Escape With Food Items

Residents of Ilorin, the Kwara State capital on Friday, stormed the warehouses where the government stored COVID-19 palliatives expected to be distributed to citizens. The warehouses, located at the cargo warehouse of the International airport in Ilorin as well as the agro-mall located in the Sango area of the state were totally ransacked as residents struggled to pack as much food items as they could.

READ  PDP, Ohaneze, others express disappointment over President Buhari's Independence day speech

 

 Another COVID-19 Palliative Warehouse Discovered In Osun, Looted By Residents

Residents of the south-western state of Osun on Friday, descended on a COVID-19 palliative warehouse located in Ede, carting away various food items and packages. The warehouse, located at Cocoa Products Industry Nigeria Limited, Ede-Osogbo road, Ede North, Osun State is believed to be owned by the Osun State government.

 

#EndSARS: Obaseki Extends Escaped Inmates Ultimatum

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State on Friday extended the ultimatum given to escaped inmates from Benin prisons. It had been reported that the Edo governor had initially given the fleeing inmates until Friday, October 30 to return.

 

That is the top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines for today, read more at flliqqa.com

 

 

Latest News

FG threatens to make migration difficult for doctors

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

Dr Osagie Ehanire, The Minister for Health, made it clear that the federal government will do everything within her power to discourage doctors from travelling outside Nigeria.

The Minister said that the government will provide adequate medical facilities and also provide incentives that will discourage the Doctors from traveling outside the country, he said this on Friday in Abuja after inspecting the Cancer Centre in the National Hospital Abuja.

He said “I have heard the challenge of doctors leaving the country. We have plans to provide better funding for our hospitals in Nigeria and make such migration unattractive,”

Dr Osagie Ehanire praised the hospital staffs and administration, and encouraged them to better, he urged the hospital to be ready incase the global corona virus resurface again as seen in other countries. He advised the hospital to make judicious use of the funds made available to them.

READ  #ENDSARS: Very Shocking Moment, GOV. Wike Joined Protesters in Port Hacourt

He added “Schools are resuming, people are travelling in and out the country so we must be prepared for any emergency”.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Banks commence emergency system update due to threats from Anonymous

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

A global hacktivist network known as Anonymous stirred an aggressive campaign in Nigeria two weeks ago, Nigerian banks as part of the precautionary measure has decided embark on an immediate emergency upgrade.

Mohammed Abdullahi Minister of State for Science and Technology confirmed the threat from Anonymous, he clearly stated there was a well planned attacks on important government Databases.

Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy Isa Pantami, also  admitted that some government websites were tampered with. He said: ‘‘On my instruction, the NITDA and NCC worked almost round the clock last week to rectify the situation and ensure no vital data was compromised. I am happy the websites are back and running now.”

READ  PMB asked the National Assembly to approve the refund of N148 billion to Ondo, Bayelsa, Cross River, Osun and Rivers States for federal road projects

He also assured Nigerians that stringent measures have been take taken to avoid further attacks,  emphasized  for all the relevant organization to upgrade their system.

 

 

Continue Reading

Latest News

21 people confirmed dead in an auto crash at Enugu State.

Benjamin Ukpabi

Published

on

21 people have been confirmed dead in an auto crash at Enugu State

Twenty-one people, including schoolchildren, have died in an accident in Enugu State, south-east Nigeria.

The Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Enugu, Ogbonna Kalu, confirmed the incident on Thursday.

He explained that the nature of the accident was a collision that involved a school bus and a trailer in the state.

Kalu added that the incident happened at Mgbowo in Awgu Local Government Area of the state, saying it was as a result of dangerous driving.

 

The Federal Road Safety Corps, on Thursday, confirmed the death of 21 people, including school children, in an auto crash at Mgbowo in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State.

READ  "Nigeria has been divided long before the Buhari led administration" Femi Adesina

The Enugu Sector Commander, Mr Ogbonna Kalu, who confirmed the incident, said the accident occurred on Wednesday afternoon.

He said the accident involved a school bus and trailer.

The commander blamed the accident on speeding beyond the limit and dangerous driving.

Kalu said, “21 persons have been confirmed dead and more than 50 persons were in the school bus.

“Also of note is that not all the deaths were school children. Those working on the roadside were part of the casualties.

“From available information, the accident was caused by dangerous driving.”

We gathered that the tragic incident occurred when a Lowbed truck belonging to a construction firm working at Oji-River – Awgu Federal Road lost control and rammed into a school bus conveying over 60 pupils of the Presentation Nursery and Primary School, Awgu owned by the Catholic Diocese of Awgu home.

READ  #ENDSARS/CROCODILE SMILE: Protesters others warn Buhari and Buratai against deploying troops

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending