Connect with us

Latest News

RIVERS CRISIS: Nnamdi kanu sends a strong message to Wike ”expect vengeance soon”

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

Nnamdi Kanu the leader of the ingenious people of Biafra IPOB, on Monday sent a strong message to the Governor of Rivers State Nyesom Wike saying his state will not escape the wrath of God and the people over the killings in Obigbo.

Mazi Nnamdi kanu maintained that those that lost their families and lost ones are eager to wreck  vengeance of Wike. He said that wike gave the order to the Army to murder the citizens of Obigbo. he made this assertion in a statement that he signed.

“Everybody that has a hand in the ongoing Obigbo genocide must know that vengeance is coming, it’s not a matter of if but when. And when it does come, apologists of Wike and the army must remember what happened at Obigbo.

READ  #ENDSARS: Osun State Governor's Convoy attacked by Protesters on 17/10/2020

“There were riots and disturbances all over Nigeria. Nigerian army and police have killed and continue to kill hundreds of young people and in retaliation young people attacked police stations. To single out the inhabitants of Obigbo for extermination is a vicious and evil undertaking and a calculated attempt by Wike to please his Fulani masters and Britain that tried but failed to exterminate the Igbo race between 1966-70. Obigbo will not die, it shall rise again because the blood of the innocent is crying out for revenge.

 “Vengeance is coming and with it the judgment of God. Those children in Obigbo murdered by Wike have nephews and cousins who are so embittered to the point that they can no longer be controlled. I feel sorry for Wike, his children and all collaborators in this brutal genocide.

READ  Nigerian Newspaper Headlines for today Saturday, 24th October 2020

“As Nigeria have not mourned those being put to the sword by Wike and Nigerian army in Obigbo they must remember not to mourn Wike and his allies when the table inevitably turns.

“Twist the narrative all you like, nobody can stop the hand of time. When the rain begins to fall, remember I warned you. I will not write, neither will I comment on this issue again.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

West African Examination Council To release results on monday

Benjamin Ukpabi

Published

on

West African Examination Council (WAEC) To release results on monday

The West African Examination Council WAEC has announced that they will be releasing their SSCE results on Monday the 2nd of November 2020

The examination board announced this on their Twitter account

Recall that the results were meant to be released last week but they announced that it was postponed to this week due to the security problems and riots in the country.

The West African Examination Council announced that the results will come out by 10:30 am

West African Examination Council (WAEC) To release results on Monday

READ  Heavy shootings as hoodlums invades Dogara's house in Jos
Continue Reading

Latest News

US Special military forces rescues an American citizen in Nigeria

Benjamin Ukpabi

Published

on

US military forces rescued an American citizen in Nigeria, the Pentagon said on Saturday, days after he was kidnapped by gunmen in the south of neighbouring Niger and apparently taken across the border.

The hostage, Philip Walton, was abducted Monday night on the outskirts of Massalata, a village about 10 kilometres (six miles) from the border with Nigeria.

Walton is safe and in the care of the US State Department, the Pentagon said in a statement. US forces did not suffer any casualties in the rescue operation, it added.

“The United States is committed to the safe return of all US citizens taken captive,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a separate statement.

READ  National Broadcasting station fines Channels, Arise Tv and AIT over lekki shootings

“We delivered on that commitment late last night in Nigeria, where some of our bravest and most skilled warriors rescued a US citizen,” he said.

President Donald Trump hailed the rescue operation.

“Big win for our very elite U.S. Special Forces today. Details to follow!,” he tweeted.

Niger’s Defence Minister Issoufou Katambe had earlier confirmed the hostage release to AFP without giving details about how he had been freed.

Local officials had said this week that the kidnappers had called the man’s father to demand a ransom, though the family did not confirm this.

Walton had been living in Massalata with his wife and child for two years, according to his father, who himself has been in Niger for nearly 30 years.

Niger lies in the heart of the vast Sahel region, which is struggling with a jihadist insurgency that has claimed thousands of lives and driven hundreds of thousands from their homes.

READ  About 10 senior police officers have been dismissed and 9 others demoted.

 

US forces have two drone bases in Agadez and Dirkou, in northern Niger. Their aircraft provide significant support to the French anti-jihadist Barkhane force.

In October 2017, four American Special Forces soldiers and five Nigerien soldiers were killed in an ambush in Tongo Tongo, near Mali, in southwestern Niger.

The attack was claimed by the Islamic State in the Greater Sahara.

Several Westerners are currently being held hostage in the region, including American aid worker Jeffery Woodke, who was kidnapped in the central town of Abalak in 2016 and is believed to be in neighbouring Mali now.

Three Europeans, including 75-year-old French charity worker Sophie Petronin, were released by their captors in Mali earlier this month under a prisoner swap arranged by the Malian government.

In August, six French aid workers and two Niger citizens were killed in the Koure wildlife reserve west of Niamey, in an attack claimed by the so-called Islamic State group.ci

READ  Four Super Eagles players have tested positive for coronavirus

Continue Reading

Latest News

FG threatens to make migration difficult for doctors

Wisdom Nwachukwu

Published

on

Dr Osagie Ehanire, The Minister for Health, made it clear that the federal government will do everything within her power to discourage doctors from travelling outside Nigeria.

The Minister said that the government will provide adequate medical facilities and also provide incentives that will discourage the Doctors from traveling outside the country, he said this on Friday in Abuja after inspecting the Cancer Centre in the National Hospital Abuja.

He said “I have heard the challenge of doctors leaving the country. We have plans to provide better funding for our hospitals in Nigeria and make such migration unattractive,”

Dr Osagie Ehanire praised the hospital staffs and administration, and encouraged them to better, he urged the hospital to be ready incase the global corona virus resurface again as seen in other countries. He advised the hospital to make judicious use of the funds made available to them.

READ  Vice President Yemi Osibanjo condemns killings and attacks on protesters.

He added “Schools are resuming, people are travelling in and out the country so we must be prepared for any emergency”.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending